Digital is dominating the travel industry and online booking system is a must have demanded by customers.
Research shows that the generation Y (the so called Millenials, born between the 1980s and the early 2000s) will compose 50% of all tourists in the world in the next ten years or less. 85% of them owns smartphones and are highly digitally integrated.
The generation Z, young people following Millennials, is already fully integrated into the digital world. If not yet, the tour and activity providers need to jump on board and adapt their offer, telling their story on an online platform through digital communication channels. They enable targeting an individual customer and traveler underlined by recent tourism and travel trends.
When considering pros and cons of an online tour booking system, you can find numerous advice, more or less fitting the needs of tour and activity providers. There’s tendency among them to find booking software expensive, difficult to use or built for hotels and not tour and travel activities. To pick the right tour booking system, make sure you do the following:
- Take enough time to research what’s out there
- Create a realistic list of your goals
- Take into account your employee’s input
- Work with your implementer as a partner to avoid common pitfalls and to get value for money.
A good online tour booking software is more than a booking and payments form. It adds value to your business with multiple services. Simple and fast for customers to use, it lowers your workload, saves money and time, and increases bookings with supreme customer service.
Here are the top 5 benefits:
- Enables 24/7 accessibility & fast response time – travelers can be impatient with their bookings demanding quick responses. Good online tour booking system supports you, preventing you from losing potential bookers.
- Saves time and money spent on online advertising – statistics indicate the rapid growth of travel bookings via mobile devices. More to it, websites with mobile functionality are rated higher on Google.
- Automates all customer interaction & organizes customer data – finding potential bookers and related administrative work is overly time consuming. A good online tour booking system manages all marketing and sales efforts from a central location. With responsive service it saves your time immensely, so you can focus on creating remarkable tour experiences.
- Runs top quality customer service & manages up selling – many tour and activity providers add extra items to their offer, which can be expensive to manage. The right kind of tour booking system helps you manage your extra offers. In return, it increases your revenue streams.
- Increases competitiveness: A good booking software automates all distribution channels. Alongside with having your social network activities automate, your marketing and sales become so much more simple. The software releases you from direct advertising costs, and commissions. It increases your web presence, and drives travelers directly to your tours and activities at no extra cost.
Cut for online tour bookings, a professionally designed online booking system turns your website into a central marketing and sales point for a cost effective investment. It is a tool that helps you lower your workload but exceed business expectations. It helps you advance the quality of service but also to source out good ideas and expand your offer through its customer review functionality, improving global market competitiveness. A friendly expert assistance is also something you appreciate having along the way.
AUTHOR: Jelena Debeljak is a marketing and sales specialist in the travel industry. She is a head of marketing in Orioly Inc. Helping tour and activity operators with online sales and marketing has been her prime focus.